Saturday, May 2, 2015

Wild Hunger


Watershed Park. It is wild and lush. 
Brimming with native plants, I didn't see a lick of English Ivy.
Moxile Creek runs thru the park and we point whenever we see it.
The water looks so clear and pure, I'm not sure if it really is,
But it takes restraint not to stick my head in and take a big gulp.

The creek used to supply all of Olympia's water until the 1950s.
The park was to be logged and sold at this time but great opposition led to a 
Supreme Court battle ending in the parks preservation. 



The sweetest woodland flowers delicately peer from the green.
Sawyer could walk for days on the trail as long as I provide enough snacks.
He continuously signs "more more more" with great enthusiasm 
for me to offer him bites of avocado sandwich.
He wants to smell each and every flower.
"mmm.." he says even if the flowers have no scent.

I like the sign.















No comments:

Post a Comment